The man was called by the school principal to come and connect the power that had been disconnected by Kenya Power Company (KPLC) over unpaid bills.
It was mentioned that he was untrained and ill equipped for the task which requires specialised labour.
â€œOn behalf of Odhiamboâ€™s family we are saddened by his death but we have decided to take a position. Kenya Power and police are doing their part but we as a family demand for answers from the school administration,â€ stated Charles Odhiambo, the deceased’s relative.
Below is the video.
Felix was to be paid Ksh 500 for his services.
North Kamagambo area chief John Agoro,confirmed the incident happened at around 1:30 PM
Cases of electrocution have been reported to be steadily rising in the country.
For instance, Boda boda rider Felix Kiplangat, was electrocuted on May 19, while washing his motorcycle.
The oasis water he was using came in contact with a naked power cable that killed him on the spot.
This comes a week after Kenya Power Safety Health Environment Manager, John Guda confirmed that a total of 345 people had died due to electrocution. A statistic spread across a period of 3 years.
Earlier in May, Busia County Kenya Power Business Manager John Ondimu noted that there had been an increase in electrocution cases across the country.
He had stated that the most affected counties were Nakuru, Nairobi Makueni, Kericho, Kisii, Kisumu, Uasin Gishu , Nyamira, Migori and Kiambu – adding that Nakuru is currently leading with 11 per cent across the country, followed by Kiambu at 7 per cent.