The President postponed the visit to a later date after area leaders clashed on who would host the head of state during a tour of the three counties in Lower Easter.
Wiper Leader Kalonzo Musyoka is keen to play host during the visit in the same way ODM leader Raila Odinga welcomed Uhuru to the Nyanza region.
The area governors including Alfred Mutua (Machakos), Charity Ngilu (Kitui) and Kivutha Kibwana (Makueni) have insisted on welcoming the head of state – especially in projects done by the county governments. On Tuesday, July 6, the warring parties reached a compromise after a meeting at State House Nairobi.
However, a glimpse at the projects detailed how the head of state is racing against time to achieve his Big 4 Agenda prior to retirement.
1. Construction of Tala-Kangundo Koma Road – 75km – Ksh4.4 billion
2. Upgrading to Bitumen Standards of Machakos TTC Road – 1.1km – Ksh931 million
3. Upgrading of Syokimau-Katani Phase 2 – 3.5km – Ksh425.1 million
4. Routine maintenance of Lot 17; Katumani – Vota – Konza Road – Ksh80.7 million
5. Construction of Athi River Axle Load Control Station – Ksh587.6 million
6. Periodic maintenance of Machakos-Ukiah (C99) Road – Ksh86 million
7. WB-KTSSP; Athi River – Machakos Phase 1 – Ksh5.7 billion
8. Tala-Ol Donyo – Sabuk – (C446) (RWC 569) – Ksh1.4 billion
9. Kenol – Ngoleni-Kaani/Mutituni-Kaseve Roads – Ksh1.7 billion
10. Surface dressing of Kiambu-Machinery (A109) Road – 25km – Ksh66.8 million
11. Construction of Sultan Hamud Kasikeu-Wautu-Kyambeke-Kikoko Road -21.32km – Ksh1.4 billion
12. Kali-Kikima-Kitundu and Kikima Utangwa Township Roads – Ksh2.8 billion
13. Tawa-Nguluni-Itangini Road – Ksh1.8 billion
14. Periodic maintenance of Embu-Kanyonyo Road – Ksh299.5 million
15. Periodic maintenance of Thika-Kithimani-Mwingi-Ukasi Road – Ksh430.4 million
16. Construction of Kibwezi-Mutomo-Kitui-Migwani Road – Ksh18.4 billion
17. Construction of Tseikuru Airstrip – Ksh65 million
18. Mavoko Drinking Water Supply and Sanitation Project – Ksh2.8 billion
19. Yatta Dam Water Supply – Ksh6.5 billion
20. Machakos Water Supply – Ksh1.9 billion.