The certificate which many employers ask for when you apply for a job can be applied for online on the HELB portal or on the e-Citizen portal.
There are two types of clearance certificates that you can apply for. 1) Loanee Compliance Certificate if you are up to date with your loan repayment or 2) Non-Loanee Compliance Certificate if you have never benefited from HELB loan.
Before you can apply for the clearance certificate you will be required to create an account on the portal if you do not have one already.
Create an account on the HELB portal
- Log on to the HELB portal helb.co.ke.
2.. Click on Apply for Compliance Certificate
- Click on User registration and Pick ‘applicant registration’
- Here you will get a new account creation page. From here all you need to do is provide your National ID details.
- Next, provide other details like email address and then validate and confirm your sign up
Activate your HELB Account
- Go to your email and locate the HELB account email.
Click on the link provided and begin the activation process
Once you get the code, enter it and hit Proceed
This will create a HELB portal account to help you apply for other products.
How to apply for HELB Clearance Certificate online
- Log on to the HELB portal and go to the Online Service Tab
Click on apply for Clearance Certificate
Provide your phone number where you will receive a code that will enable you to proceed.
You will receive a direct link to download your certificate
Download and print your certificate.
You can as well get in touch with HELB for any assistance through:
Tel: +254 711 052 000
Email : [email protected]
Twitter Handle: https://twitter.com/HELBpage